In the summertime, my mom always made large batches of pasta salad for us to bring to barbecues and to eat while camping. I always used her recipe and while delicious, it wasn’t very vegan friendly. I had to experiment quite a bit to get the right seasoning combination to make it flavorful. I finally found it and I had to share!! This is my “go to” recipe when it comes to side dishes I am supposed to bring to cookouts with friends. It’s always a hit!!
It’s also perfect for those veggies you have in your fridge that are about to go bad. The ingredients listed below are just what I had on hand, feel free to add whatever veggies you have in your fridge.
Here it is, enjoy friends!
What you’ll need:
- 1 package of organic tri-colored pasta, cooked al dente
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Fresh basil, chopped
- Fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 tsp. dried Thyme
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- Seasoning salt (msg free) to taste
- 5 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- Green onions, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- Your favorite vinaigrette
- After you have cooked your pasta, drain it and run cool water over it
- Put pasta in a bowl, add seasonings and add the veggies.
- Pour your favorite dressing over the top until all noodles are evenly coated, mix all ingredients well.
- Let it chill in the fridge for a couple hours. Now it’s ready to enjoy!